Route To Advocacy
Major campaigns are initiated after deliberation among the ETA membership and a vote of the membership and Board of Directors.
Minor actions congruent with the mission of the ETA and expected to be uncontroversial among the membership are initiated by the Board of Directors and conducted with notice given to the membership.
Issues to Watch
- Lease Revenue Bonding
- Pension Reform
- Real Estate Policies
- General Plan Update
The ETA proposes adding independent members to the SDWD Board of Directors and opposes rate increases until independent members are added to the governing board.
The ETA advocates for an Encinitas sunshine ordinance. A sunshine ordinances could plug loopholes in current state laws and provide incentives to the city for following open government laws.
- Prop C: Water Tax (success)
- Prop A: Agricultural Rezone (success)
- Lighting and Landscape Fee Opposition (success)
- Prop F: Downtown Library (success)
- Early Fire Detection and Alarm (on-going)
- Prop S: Sand Tax (Lost)
- Competitive Trash Contracts (Lost)
- Cardiff School Bond (success)